DevOps Remote ?
At its core, DevOps is a philosophy and practice focused on agility, collaboration, and automation within IT and development team processes. Traditionally, software development occurred in silos, with IT and development working independently within their own teams and processes. This separation and competing values created an environment rife with miscommunication, poor alignment, and production delays.
The goal is to bridge the gap between IT operations and development to improve communication and collaboration, create more seamless processes, and align strategy and objectives for faster and more efficient delivery.
Implementing DevOps in your organization
- Establish an agile development process
- Adopt cloud computing
- Adapt your processes to a CI and CD workflow
- Automate your software deployment
- Automate software testing
- Implement continuous deployment
- Managed microservice-based, monitoring performance & security issues
Though DevOps is a practical methodology, it is also fundamentally a mindset and cultural shift in an organization. The principles of DevOps often extend the lean agile mindset to operations primarily with a focus on automation and tooling to accomplish faster deployment.
Benefits of Service
Companies that incorporate DevOps practices get more done, plain and simple. With a single team composed of cross-functional members all working in collaboration, DevOps organizations can deliver with maximum speed, functionality, and innovation.
There are technical benefits
- Continuous software delivery
- Less complexity to manage
- Faster resolution of problems
There are cultural benefits
- Happier, more productive teams
- Higher employee engagement
- Greater professional development opportunities
And there are business benefits
- Faster delivery of features
- More stable operating environments
- Improved communication and collaboration
- More time to innovate rather than fix/maintain